Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Beginning

"You should start a blog"...
Those simple words by Lani.Wendt were like little kicks on my lazy butt to start writing again.

Here it is! A blog..It seems like eons ago since I put pen to paper (literally).  I am not a writer (I don't think), I am a published poet but  I rarely read poetry.  A bit strange you say...though there is that fierceness in us Pacific women especially Samoan women that prompts us to speak, voicing ideas and thoughts.  It is from somewhere hidden in the chambers of our souls, some unspeakable island spirit in us that nudges us to express ourselves in different forms.  Mostly in the form of art, moving or stationary, song, poetry, stories -anything with rhythm,colour (blue or red) because that is who we are.

We are the protectors of our ancestors legends.  We are navigators. We are hot-blooded. We are islanders. We are tama'ita'i Samoa!

Welcome to my first blog ever..

2 comments:

I have bloody time before the baby comes!

WOW, I haven't touched this blog in...6 years has been a long time and have I done much in that time? Let's recap: 1. Got marrie...